Monday 14 July 2008

Chapter 9


“Mind if I join you?” Leah jumped at hearing Richie’s voice in her ear, she thought she would be the only one up this early when she left her room to go and get some breakfast. Making himself comfortable on the seat next to her Richie shouted over the waitress to take his order. “I don’t believe it! I thought that was some sort of set up last night him leaving with that girl!” Richie’s eyes were wide in disbelief as he watched David from his seat in the café across the road from the hotel they had stayed in. He was walking hand in hand with the woman he had met in the bar last night before kissing her passionately and putting her in a taxi. Leah laughed at Richie’s amazement of the scene taking place outside the window, “you know your going to start catching flies if you leave your chin hanging like that.”
“Did you see that? I mean did I really see that? That never happens to him, I’m that guy that should be standing over there.” Richie seemed shocked at what he had just said. “Eh…not that I’m always throwing women out my hotel room. Well not throwing exactly, you know what I mean. Should I keep digging?” He asked much to Leah’s amusement. “Well if you dig any further I reckon your gonna have a hard job trying to get back out that hole.” Both of them laughed. “Why are you so surprised at seeing him with a beautiful woman anyway? He is in Bon Jovi, can’t be that hard finding a woman willing to go home with you,” Leah asked, still laughing at Richie’s outburst. “David has a history of really bad lines, there have been times when he’s ended up with black eyes, couldn’t give you an example though he never repeats them again. What did you tell him to say last night?” Richie asked eagerly awaiting the answer. “I told you it’s a secret. Anyway if your throwing women out your room every night I don’t think you need to know.” Richie smiled at her and leaned in close, “I think you want to tell me but you’d be jealous of all the other women that I would take home with me.” She felt her stomach flutter as he got closer to her, “Jealous? That’s what you think? Could I remind you that you were left on my doorstep the other night. Now I’ve got work to do so I’ll leave you to it.” Leah flashed him a cheeky smile while she moved from the table. “Oh and you might want to deflate your head before you leave, could be a little embarrassing if you get it stuck on the way out.”


Jon had woken up to a phone call from Richie telling him to meet him in the café across the road. Grudgingly he forced himself out of bed and got showered and dressed before heading to meet Richie. “Why didn’t you just wait until I was up before you marched over here for breakfast and then phone me up complaining you were left sitting here on your own?” Jon asked him as he took the seat Leah previously occupied. “Well I woke up early and spied Leah coming over here so I came over and she left quickly and told me to deflate my head,” Richie mumbled, slightly embarrassed at admitting he had followed Leah and then been insulted by her. Jon looked at him before bursting out laughing. “What were you saying? Infact don’t tell me, I don’t want to know. Never thought I’d see the day where Richie Sambora is following women to breakfast!” Jon was laughing hysterically now. Richie tried to defend himself, “Well thanks for your support! It was like I couldn’t resist, when I saw her come in here I just thought I would give it another go while David was out of the way. Plus I still think she likes me, despite her words. She does this thing with her eyes and it’s like she says one thing with them and then another with her mouth.” Jon looked at his friend dumbfounded, “So you think a woman who in my opinion has no interest in you in the slightest, is stuck in some sort of war between her eyes and her mouth? From what I’ve seen she never throws her head around snapping her teeth in the direction of her eyeballs. Richie I think what your seeing is called wishful thinking.” Richie laughed, “Call it what you want but I can definitely see it.”


Leah arrived at Dot’s room just in time for them to start work. She had decided last night that she wanted to get back to the project straight away and ensured Leah that she wasn’t going to burst into tears again any time soon. This Leah didn’t believe, she had been through enough in her life to know that Dot wasn’t coping well with something and she guessed that she was now resorting to hiding the problem rather than dealing with it. Dot was in a good mood today she was ready to get started on work before Leah sat down and was throwing out more ideas for them to work on. “What’s up with you today? You’ve been on another planet for the last half hour sitting there smiling to yourself,” Dot had said to Leah bringing her out of her daze. She couldn’t help but think about her meeting with Richie at breakfast, she also couldn’t believe he had the ability to make her smile even when he wasn’t there which made her feel stupid as she didn’t know what to say to Dot. “Huh? Oh I don’t really know I just woke up in a good mood today and have been wrapped up in it all morning.” Hoping Dot had believed her pathetic excuse she forced her head into work mode successfully. By the end of the day they had made huge progress and knew which direction they would take things in the following months. Before Leah left the room Dot pulled on her arm, “I just want to say thank you for the other night, I really needed some time for me and I really enjoyed myself. It also helped me face Jon and I think we’ve sorted some things out now.” Leah was surprised that she had brought it up, “Your welcome, I had a good night myself and I’m glad you sorted things out but if you ever need to talk you know where I am.” The two women hugged before going their separate ways.


Later that night they all met up at a local bar after the show. Much to Richie’s amazement David had brought along the same woman from the night before and introduced her to everyone. Her name was Katie and she made a good first impression on everyone. She was shy and spent a lot of time blushing when Tico or Richie made a comment about her going home with David. They looked like a very cute couple together and from the way David was talking Leah was sure they hadn’t seen the last of her. Leah herself was enjoying herself and couldn’t help notice the way Richie was watching her every move, remembering their conversation about jealousy at breakfast, she decided this was her chance to make him jealous. While at the bar she started flirting with the guitarist that was playing in the pub next door, having heard him play she knew he wasn’t the greatest guitarist but that was what she wanted. She had talked him into teaching her how to play and he had taken her to a table and got her to sit on his lap while he showed her how to play it. She made sure it sounded terrible so to grab Richie’s attention which it certainly did as he had moved to the bar to get a better view of what was going on. Going to the bar to order her and her new friend a drink Leah took the guitar with her. “You know if you wanted to learn how to play you could have just asked me, I could teach you better than him,” Richie said moving to her side. The bartender put her drinks down and Leah paid for them before smiling at Richie, “Jealous, are we? I reckon I’m getting good at this guitar thing.” She then played a little on the guitar, lifted her drinks and went back to the table. Just then Jon joined an open mouthed Richie. “Did you see that? That was not wishful thinking that was real!” Jon laughed at the expression on his face, “Sorry but I never saw a thing. What happened?” Richie looked flabbergasted, “I can’t believe you never saw that! She just came over here and ordered drinks for her and that guy but while she was here she asked if I was jealous then played that fucking guitar like an expert! Why am I the only one who see’s these things?” Jon looked back and forth at Richie and Leah who was again playing really badly before answering, “I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t call that playing like an expert. I’m getting worried about you, how much have you had to drink exactly?” Richie shook his head, “I can’t believe you missed it! I knew she liked me. That woman is the devil or something, she shouldn’t look that amazing and she’s going to end up getting me locked in some nut house, got you thinking I’m crazy already.” Jon laughed and patted Richie on the back, “Well you just stay here as happy as a pig in shit watching her over there with another man.” Deciding he wasn’t going to sit there all night watching he told Jon to say goodbye for him and went over to Leah planting a big kiss on her cheek and saying goodnight before he left.

3 comments:

Alina said...

Is that really the way Richie handles such a situation? I would have guessed something more that is more motivated by jealousy. What is he doing there? So he won't get Leah reveal her feelings!

Loved that chaper, by the way :)

Shelly said...

Wow!!!!

Look who had the green-eyed monster!!!lol

Loving this story.

Sunstreaked said...

Nicely developing here! Like that Leah is asserting her own personality and keeping our boys on their toes!